Thursday, May 10, 2012

Labour Day Weekend 2008

My second week in USA it was Labor Day, which means that there's a long holiday. My host family, their friends, and I went to Ocean Isle Beach in North Carolina. It was extremely hot, and not that fun. Alisha (my host mom) and I had a discussion about what was required of me on our weekend holiday. I had to help out, but I wasn't working, so it was just out of thanks that I had to help out and keep clean, which I agreed to. I was so excited, I took loads of photos and videos on the drive.


I drove with their friends, the neighbors, Sarit and Mike, and their son Cooper. We got to the house and my host dad, Eric, kept on going on about how creepy the house is... He was right, its a creepy house, but it fascinated me a lot! Take a look:






Ad that was just the outside, you should have seen the inside...

We arrived and then went to the beach. Like I said, it was extremely hot. And there was no shade. The kids were lying under their beach towels for shade. I enjoyed it, I went into the ocean, as deep as I could, and I swam. Then I took the kids in, along with the dad. Eventually everyone joined in. Instead of just playing with sand...




That night we had crab legs, for the first time I didn't like crab. I don't like the hard shell or sucking the nice stuff out. Anyway, after dinner, the men wanted to buy ice-cream. They offered and I said I would like some. Then I was interrupted by the mom.
"I hope you don't expect us to pay for it".
Yes, actually I did. I hadn't been paid yet, had to buy all my toiletries, a phone, clothes, and calling cards to phone my family. I was broke. So, yes, I expected it. Then I declined on the ice-cream, went to bed, and called my friend, Marushca, who was staying in Virginia. Oh, and earlier, before dinner, I was playing with Ethan, he hopped, and got my lip...


The next day we went on a boat with Jolene and Jeff... That was fun, there was no talking, the boat was fast, I loved it!



That afternoon Alisha took me for a talk on the beach, this must have been the tenth talk in a week and a half... I wasn't doing enough... How can I expect people to pay for my food? I don't offer to help... Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I was the one doing dishes, hanging up soggy wet beach clothes and towels, sweeping where the kids ate, and entertaining the kids while they were cooking... This made all that bullshit worth it, its beautiful:


Then, I stole three of Sarit and Mike's cigarettes, took the barbecue lighter, went down to the beach to "take photos", and I did, but I stopped smoking for a week and a half and just got fed up.


I should have left then...

No comments:

Post a Comment